Back for the second time, the highly anticipated Sabah International Tattoo Convention will be showcasing 66 international and local tattoo artists from 20 countries, and is expecting a crowd of more than 2,000 visitors over the three-day period. The inaugural SITC organised by Carlos Benny Majakil, owner of Koiyak Gloves brand, last year broke boundaries by being the ﬁrst ever Tattoo Event in Sabah that was oﬃcially endorsed by Sabah Tourism Board.
Presented by Koiyak Gloves, the Sabah International Tattoo Convention aims to celebrate and promote all aspects of the professional tattoo industry - from the participation of famed tattoo artists to the presentation of various modern and traditional tattooing styles.
This year’s convention will be welcoming a lineup of renowned tattoo artists from all over the world - among them are Mattia Maranggoni from Italy, Guy Le Tattoer from France, Nic Tse from Hong Kong, Jun Chihara from Japan, Carlos Benny Majakil from Malaysia, Christian Nguyen of Invaders in Geneva, Switzerland, Norm from USA, Rapheal Buhlman from Switzerland, Gino Angelov from UK, Marco Leoni from Italy, Ernesto Kalum from Malaysia, Captain Wonderful from Austria, Joel Ang from Singapore, Pit Fun from Malaysia, Jimmy Toge from Indonesia, and Rojan Shrestha from Nepal.
The highlights of the three-day convention at Hyatt Regency, Kota Kinabalu include:
- • Live tattooing sessions by tattoo artists at their own booths
- • Sold-out vendor booths by brands such as GADO GADO from Vienna, Mudboy, My Tattoo Supply, CapCity, Tajon, Koiyak Gloves, and more
- • A range of tattoo contests that will be judged by tattoo maestros Marco Leoni from Italy, Carlos Benny from Malaysia, Jimmy Wong from Thailand, and Ernesto Kalum from Malaysia
- • Lucky draw prizes for SITC ticket holders
- • A showcase of Sabah’s diverse cultural background in form of native cultural performances, display of traditional costumes and local delicacies, supported by Sabah Tourism Board
- • An exclusive after-party at BED Club KK on the 22nd October for all SITC ticket holders with DJ Kidfresh from Germany and DJ Eva Love from Russia
- • SPCA KK booth, which was donated for free by the animal-loving organisers of SITC. SPCA KK is currently raising funds for its new shelter on the outskirts of Kota Kinabalu city
Visitors of SITC 2016 who don’t want to worry about driving or facing parking problems are welcomed to used ride-sharing service, GrabCar. As the convention’s oﬃcial transport partner,Grab is oﬀering an RM10 discount on GrabCar rides to and from Hyatt Regency KK on the 21st to 23rd of October for ﬁrst time Grab users.
Sabah International Tattoo Convention 2016 is supported by Sabah Tourism Board, and its sponsors this year are: Tune Talk, Rockaway, Grab, Tiger, Johnnie Walker, Hitz FM, Rip Curl, Bad Lab, CapCity, Omakase + Appreciate, Zinox Bar, Likas Flora, Mudboy, Poison Brew, Tattoo Timepiece, My Tattoo Supply; and partners with North Borneo Bartender Brothers, Sarawak Bodyarts Association and Bologna Tattoo Expo by Marco Leoni.
Carlos Benny Majakil is the founder of Sabah International Tattoo Convention and owner of Koiyak Gloves. He started his tattoo profession at the age of 14 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, and has traveled around the world to widen his knowledge and experience in the trade. He launched Koiyak Gloves in 2013, his own brand of non-powdered black latex gloves that are now being widely used in the tattoo industry around the globe.
Follow Sabah International Tattoo Convention on these digital